Thursday, November 18, 2010

This is a great day, I love you!”

Ps 118:24 This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.KJV

Jn 17:23 I in them and you in me, so that they may be completely one, in order that the world may know that you sent me and that you love them as you love me. GNT

Today, I was up really early. I decided I would listen to a teaching CD and clean my much cluttered office. Many of you know I have been in the heat of trying to find a place for my Mom. Mom, besides her diagnosis of Dementia, is now mildly handicapped. I am working with an Elder Law attorney who gave me some things to collect. If you know about this process you know organizing documents for the application to Medicaid is a royal pain.

I know it was the right thing to do to help Mom. However, I do not mind telling you that there are times I wished I had not gotten in involved. In conversation with my wife the other day, I said, in so many words-- why did I do this? Why does it feel like this is all on me? She said, “You did it because you are a good man.” Boy that meant a lot to me. I could not have done this for three years without her support. But, there is nothing like confirming words from a good wife. I have the best one. You see when a good word is spoken; you want to return the favor.

It was not the last encouraging words I would receive from someone I love this week.

I was rifling through forms and important documents trying to organizing her stuff and mine. It was then I came across the doctors notes on her condition. One of the tests they gave her was her ability to write. The writing said, “This is a great day, I love you!” Those words made me tear up and I know that is something mom would want me to know. Reading in between the lines it says to me, “You’re doing ok; it will be fine, trust the Lord and remember I love you.

Jesus wants you to read those words too. Sometimes you say I wish I had not gotten involved in this ministry, church, job or relationship. No matter, what you’re going through the test Jesus wants you to know, this is a great day, and he loves you. God’s love will make you strong! Just say it…

“I love you, God — you make me strong.” {Psalm 18:1 Message version}

In Malachi 1:2 God said, "I love you." And Israel replied, "Really? How have you loved us?" To which God said, in verse 5 “Yes, take a good look. Then you'll see how faithfully I've loved you and you'll want even more, saying, 'May God be even greater, beyond the borders of Israel!'

When we recognize God’s love and faithfulness we will see him as great! If you see God as Great you will see you situation as small. When we believe he loves us and has a plan for us, we will believe him for great things. We will also we will see him as greater than our circumstances! We will want this love to be heard beyond the borders of our house to all who can hear it!

God says, “it is a good day, I love you!” Now, you need to look up to Jesus and say, “it is a good day, I love you too!

Your Pastor, Mike Gibney

1 comment:

  1. Of the all the Scripture memorized, Ps 118:24 is one everyone should learn. Not only a great way to start any day, especially the gloomy, wet, damp, type of day. The kind of day that those of us that have been blessed with arthritis really can attest to. (and I'm not being sarcastic!) These words shared by the Psalmist tends to put everything in perspective. The Lord's mercy abounds forever, especially as the other verse Ps. 17:23 seems to tie everything in a nice package. Just dwell on "completely one". To use today's phrase, "IT'S AWESOME" or even better, HE is Awesome!
    As we all progress along in the endeavors put before us, such as taking care of Mom and stepping up from the get go when everyone else around you were viewing the unfolding events on from the "cheap seats".
    We each have a path that is set before us, and each situation is the same but different, as God loves variety. Father waits to see how we choose to respond to the situation placed before us. As we choose, according to His will, all the "tools" that are to implemented are also placed in front of us to help us. Let us not forget the "key" people, of like Spirit, (Yes, Miss Kim, that means you!)as the path can become long, bumpy, dry, and challenging. With out that person God has chosen for you, by your side, well, I think we can envision the difficulty one person would have to endure.
    We use a phrase in Security, "We can do this the easy way, or we can do it the hard way!" The easy way is with Him. I pray I remember your blog today, as well as your example as I walk the path given to me. Thanks, pastor Mike! I love you too!

    ReplyDelete